Monday 17 September 2012

An Abject Lesson in Getting Wet

Firstly apologies for such a late blog entry, however I have only just dried out.

Having a Girlfriend who lives a stones throw from Snowdonia, I thought it was best that I started to scope out a few rides there. So got my eyes set on the Llyn Colwyd Loop. It fitted the bill perfectly, big country, rocky techy trails and the start was 20 mins from my Welsh office. Only problem was the weather, it was forecast to start raining at 10am, the time I wanted to set off.

As it turned out I needn't have worried. It was fucking pissing it down as soon as I woke up. Truth be told I lost interest in doing a high level route so instead decided on Riding the Marin. I;d not riden this since 2004 (!!) so thought it would be worth a go.

I rained so hard all the way round that I think it actually washed my memory away as, other than being so comprehesivly wet my colon was underwater I can remember little of the trail. Other than it was empty. Oh, and the last downhill was pretty good.

I need gills.

No comments: